Dermal Fillers For Lip Wrinkles, Fine Lines And Lip Creases
Getting new wrinkles is more likely the more we age, especially the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Due to the fact that their skin is thinner, women tend to get lip & mouth wrinkles more often than men, and although lip wrinkles can happen to anyone, repetitive movement, sun exposure, smoking and genetics will speed up the process. Many beauty products claim to halt the effects of ageing but there’s no such thing, unfortunately our skin will continuously age regardless.
Ways to lessen lip lines and wrinkles
- Exfolliate – one of the best natural ways to lessen the wrinkles and lines of the lips is to exfolliate once a day, which will take away dead skin cells and the wrinkles will appear shallower.
- Apply lip balm – when the lips are kept moist and hydrated, it helps to prevent them from drying and wrinkling. Also consider using balm with antioxidants vitamins A, C and E and balm with sunscreen, when out in the sun.
- Diet – try to include food rich in antioxidants, such as leafy vegetables and citrus fruits and fatty omega 3 foods like fish or fish oil supplements into your diet.
- Facial exercises – face massaging increases blood circulation and tightens muscles and tissues around the mouth.
- Water – drink plenty of water to replace lost moisture to keep the skin hydrated and plump.
- Injectable lip fillers – injected lip fillers plump thin lips, smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips.
Injectable lip filler such as Radiesse, made up of Calcium Hydroxylapatite which is a natural component in the skin or Restylane and Juvederm Ultra which are non animal based and made up of Hylauronic Acid, which is a substance naturally found in the body. They plump up the skin, lessening the appearance of fine lines and creases at the lip. The filler stimulates collagen production and encourages new tissue growth in and around the injected area. Over time, the body absorbs the gel carrier, while collagen continues to grow at the injection site, replacing the gel with the natural tissue. Naturally derived fillers have a very small risk of causing an allergic reaction.
When having filler treatment for correcting lip lines and creases, it’s important to keep the natural shape and contour of the lips. Doctors can control how much volume to add to the lips, can offer a gradual pace of treatment and give extra injections during follow-up appointments. The results are immediate and can last for 8 – 12 months. Most people who get fillers will need at least one follow-up injection within a year.
Benefits of Lip Injections:
- Safe and non invasive procedure
- Provides quick and effective results
- Provides volume to thin lips, thus improving the skin around the mouth
- Minimal recovery time and side effects
- Patients can resume routine activities almost immediately
After lip injections the patient may very occasionally experience slight redness, mild swelling and maybe some tenderness.
Lip fillers offer a quick and effective way to withstand the ageing process and the results are immediate and side effects are almost none existent.
Treatment time is 20 – 30 minutes and can contribute to the enhancement of your entire face.